Not sure if this program is right for you?
Here are a few things to discuss with your high school counselor and your parent or guardian prior to enrolling in courses:
- Enrolling in college courses is a commitment of your time and energy! Please consider whether enrolling in dual credit courses is a realistic option based on your extracurricular activities and family schedules.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from the NMSU campus. Students parking on campus may be required to purchase an NMSU parking permit.
- The NMSU academic calendar starts and ends at different dates than most high school calendars. Students are expected to attend NMSU courses even if their high school is not in session for a particular day.
- Students must maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA in their NMSU courses to continue in the Dual Credit Program.
- Grades earned through dual credit enrollment will be a permanent part of your academic record, at both high school and college, and will affect your NMSU Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and your future financial aid eligibility.
- Some courses may have specific course related fees that are not covered by the dual credit program. These fees will be the student’s responsibility.