Welcome Dual Credit Students!
The 2018 fall semester will be starting soon.
First day of class will be Wednesday, August 15th.
DUAL CREDIT ORIENTATION
As a new student to our program, you are invited to a mandatory Dual Credit Orientation. This orientation is an important step in your transition and will give you the tools you need to become a successful dual credit student.
- Understand your class schedule and important dates
- Activate your myNMSU account and your student email account
- Access Canvas – NMSU’s online learning management system and the possible link to course instructions, class assignments and grades.
- Visit the parking department to obtain a parking permit for the semester, if you will be parking on campus. Fee required – Visit https://park.nmsu.edu/ for more info.
- Visit ID Card Services – Bring along your picture ID or visit the website to upload your own personal photo before you arrive — http://idcard.nmsu.edu/
- Visit Barnes & Noble Bookstore to pick up your textbook.
Be sure to check your mailbox!
Invitations to this orientation were mailed out to all new dual credit students on Friday, July 6th. If for some reason you have not received your invitation please contact our office at (575) 646-1055.
- If you have attended NMSU Main Campus Dual Credit in the past, you are not required to attend orientation again, as a continuing student.
- Your official stamped Dual Credit Schedule will be available for pickup ON or AFTER Thursday, August 9th at the NMSU Main Campus Admissions Office – Educational Services Building, Suite 850. You WILL need this official stamped schedule to pick up your textbook(s).
Parking for Orientation
When you arrive on campus, you may park in lots designated for students, staff and faculty—no tickets will be issued to visitors who do not have parking permits; however, please do not park in areas marked for service vehicles, handicapped, or in other posted or restricted areas. Metered parking is available for $0.75 per hour. Parking regulations are enforced year round.
We encourage attendees to park in the parking lots surrounding Corbett Center Student Union.