Welcome Dual Credit Students!
The 2020 spring semester will be starting soon!
Classes begin on Wednesday, January 22nd.
If you are a NEW STUDENT to our program:
As a new student to our program, you are invited to a mandatory Dual Credit Orientation. This orientation is an important step in your transition and will give you the tools you need to become a successful dual credit student. Click on calendar below for event details!
- Understand your class schedule and important dates
- Activate your myNMSU account and your student email account
- Access Canvas – NMSU’s online learning management system and the possible link to course instructions, class assignments and grades.
- Purchase a parking permit. Fee required – Visit https://park.nmsu.edu/ for more info.
- Visit ID Card Services – Bring along your picture ID or visit the website to upload your own personal photo before you arrive — http://idcard.nmsu.edu/
- Visit Barnes & Noble Bookstore to pick up your textbook.
- NMSU Admissions staff will be on hand to answer all of your questions
Invitations to this orientation were mailed out to all NEW dual credit students in mid-December. If for some reason you have not received your invitation in the mail, please contact our office at (575)646-1055.
If you are a CONTINUING STUDENT:
- You do not need to attend dual credit orientation a second time!
- Your official stamped Dual Credit Schedule and information packet will be available for pickup ON or AFTER Thursday, January 9th at the NMSU Main Campus Admissions Office – Educational Services Building – Suite 805. If your course requires a textbook, you will need this official stamped schedule to pick up your textbook(s) from the NMSU Barnes and Noble Bookstore.
- Remember, there is no student charge for dual credit textbooks!