Welcome to the program! Ready to get started?
Here are your next steps once you are admitted:
Dual Credit Orientation:
- New students to the Dual Credit Program will be required to attend a mandatory New Student Orientation, held the week prior to the start of each semester.
- Continuing students are not required to attend orientation again.
Set up your myNMSU Account:
- Follow the link https://my.nmsu.edu/web/mycampus/home to create your myNMSU account. This is your own personal access to your class schedule, grades, email and a direct route to CANVAS – the online learning system. If you encounter problems, call the ICT Help Desk at 646-1840 or http://help.nmsu.edu/ for assistance.
Set up your NMSU Email:
- Find the EMAIL icon on your myNMSU Dashboard. This is the link to your NMSU email and will be your official means of communication for the NMSU Dual Credit Program. Follow the link and set up your NMSU email account now!
Make sure you have access to Canvas – NMSU’s Online Learning System:
- Find the Canvas – LEARN icon on your myNMSU Dashboard or visit https://learn.nmsu.edu/. Here you will have access to course information, assignments and grades for some courses, and more. Be sure to check out the Canvas Student Orientation, Canvas Student Resources and the Student FAQS on the Canvas home page.
Get your NMSU Aggie ID Card:
- Visit NMSU ID Card Services off at https://idcard.nmsu.edu/ to order your Aggie ID online. You will need to keep your Aggie ID on hand to obtain a parking permit, to gain access to computer labs and to check out books from the NMSU Library.
Get your Parking Permit:
- Will you be parking on campus? If so, a parking permit is required for those students who wish to park in designated “permitted” parking lots across campus.
- Purchase your parking permit online at the NMSU Transportation and Parking Department website at http://park.nmsu.edu/.
- Parking rules are enforced year-round, Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Please consult the parking map for designated parking locations.
- Students should refer to their high school counseling office regarding the textbook process and disbursement.
*Homeschool and Private School Students will be responsible for textbook costs.
- Students are required to return textbook(s) to the NMSU Barnes and Noble Bookstore during book buy-back at the end of the semester. If a student makes changes to their schedule, withdraws or drops a course, textbooks are to be returned immediately to avoid late charges.
Pay your account balance:
- Great news! You will not be responsible for the cost of tuition for your dual credit class. However, in some cases certain courses carry a course specific fee or an online course fee. These fees WILL be your responsibility. Payments to your account can be made online directly from your myNMSU dashboard by selecting the Pay NMSU link, or in person at the NMSU Accounts Receivables Cashier window located in the Educational Services Building – Room 701. Payments made later than 10 days after the start of the semester will be subject to an additional payment plan fee. For more information about your account, please contact NMSU Accounts Receivables at (575)646-4911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find your way:
- NMSU Campus Map – http://map.nmsu.edu/
- Building Abbreviations – http://registration.nmsu.edu/building abbreviations/
As a new NMSU student, you are encouraged to take advantage of the many on-campus services available to you, such as the Student Success Center, Campus Tutoring Center, NMSU Library and computer labs across campus. For more information, follow the links to the right side of this listing.