For newly admitted students:
Welcome to the program! Ready to get started?
Here are your next steps once you are admitted:
Dual Credit Orientation:
- New students to the Dual Credit Program will be required to attend a mandatory New Student Orientation, held the week prior to the start of the semester. NMSU class schedules will be presented at this orientation.
Set up your myNMSU Account:
- Follow the link https://my.nmsu.edu/web/mycampus/home to create your myNMSU account. This is your own personal access to your class schedule, grades, email and a direct route to CANVAS – the online learning system. If you encounter problems, call the ICT Help Desk at 646-1840 or http://help.nmsu.edu/ for assistance.
Set up your NMSU Email:
- Find the EMAIL icon on your myNMSU Dashboard. This is the link to your NMSU email and will be your official means of communication for the NMSU Dual Credit Program. Follow the link and set up your NMSU email account now!
Make sure you have access to Canvas – NMSU’s Online Learning System:
- Find the Canvas – LEARN icon on your myNMSU Dashboard or visit https://learn.nmsu.edu/. Here you will have access to course information, assignments and grades for some courses, and more. Be sure to check out the Canvas Student Orientation, Canvas Student Resources and the Student FAQS on the Canvas home page.
Get your NMSU Aggie ID Card:
- Visit NMSU ID Card Services to get your Aggie Student ID Card. This office is located on the first floor of the Corbett Center Student Union building in room 137 (across from Taos Restaurant). You will need your Aggie ID on hand to obtain your textbooks and parking permit. Online photo submission option is available – please visit http://idcard.nmsu.edu/ for more information.
Get your Parking Permit:
- Parking on campus? If so, you may need to purchase a parking permit. Please visit the Parking Department, located on the west side of the NMSU Barnes & Noble Bookstore, by Panda Express. The office is open Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 p.m. For more information, call 646-1839 or visit http://park.nmsu.edu/.
- No parking permit is required after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays or all day on Saturday and Sunday.
- Students should refer to their high school counseling office regarding the textbook process and disbursement.
*Homeschool and Private School Students will be responsible for textbook costs.
- Students are required to return textbooks, either to the NMSU Barnes and Noble Bookstore or to their school, during book buy-back at the end of the semester. If a student makes changes to their schedule, withdraws or drops a course, textbooks are to be returned immediately to avoid late charges.
Find your way:
- NMSU Campus Map – http://maps.nmsu.edu/
- Building Abbreviations – http://registration.nmsu.edu/building abbreviations/
As a new NMSU student, you are encouraged to take advantage of the many on-campus services available to you, such as the Student Success Center, Campus Tutoring Center, NMSU Library and computer labs across campus. For more information, follow the links to the right side of this listing.